Guide for Examination of Conscience for Confession of Sins
6 STEPS FOR A GOOD CONFESSION
· Examine your conscience – what sins have you committed since your last good confession.
· Be sincerely sorry for your sins.
· Confess your sins to the priest.
· Make certain that you confess all your mortal sins and the number of them.
· After your confession, do the penance the priest gives to you.
· Pray daily for the strength to avoid the occasion of sin, especially for those sins you were just absolved from.
ACT OF CONTRITION
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell, but most of all because they offend You, my God, Who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen
Crusade Prayer (8) The Confession
Dearest Jesus, I ask your pardon for all my sins and for the hurt and injury I have caused to others. I humbly pray for the graces to avoid offending You again and to offer penance according to your Most Holy Will.
I plead for the forgiveness of any future offense, which I may partake in and which will cause you pain and suffering. Take me with you into the new Era of Peace, so that I may become part of Your family for eternity.
I love You, Jesus.
I need You.
I honour You and everything You stand for.
Help me, Jesus, so that I may be worthy to enter Your Kingdom.
Amen. Continue reading